Wine inventory types
The Wine Hub is designed to handle all inventory types of interest to a wine business.
The Wine Hub will differentiate inventories of a business, and client stored wines (also called client reserves) that belong to customers and which are managed by a merchant or retailer.
A wine business’s available wine list to sell can encompass a variety of inventory types – including physical, non-physical and virtual – all of which are supported by the Wine Hub.
- Physical inventory – stock that is in one or a number of warehouses from where you can fulfil orders.
- En primeur – stock that’s been purchased by you and sold to clients but that will not become available for months or years.
- Overseas – stock still with a producer or at a location pending groupage and/ or shipping.
- In transit – stock in the process of being shipped to the importer or retailer destination warehouse.
- Consigned by client – client stored wines (or wines that are stored elsewhere) that are consigned for sale and offered for sale as brokerage stock.
- Virtual stock – stock from wholesalers/ importers that can be offered for sale by your business and sold before they are subsequently purchased.
- Liv-ex virtual stock – offers for sale from the Liv-ex trading platform that can be filtered by any number of parameters to arrive at a carefully curated stock feed.
Inventory management tools
Inventory can be imported into the Hub using load and matching functionality based on LWIN codes and the underlying Wine Owners wine reference database.
These support the addition of client stored wines, client consigned wines and virtual stock feeds.
Wine Hub workflow management is designed to make everyday tasks quicker and simpler to progress.
Large purchase orders can now be raised more rapidly than ever through quick-add of history or upload of a supplier’s catalogue with your selling prices, and quick select of those entries you want to add to an order.